Books A Million Job Application
Books A Million Application Online – Jobs & Careers
First and foremost, individuals who want to work at Books A Million are expected to decide in which position they want to work. After finding the position desired, requirements should be carefully examined. Like other companies, Books A Million needs employees in a number of positions and there are different requirements expected to be met for each position. The rest of the article will be explaining the requirements of these positions and how to apply for them.
Founded in 1917 as a street corner newsstand in Florence, Alabama, Books-A-Million, Inc. has grown to become the premier book retailing chain in the Southeastern United States, and the second largest book retailer in the nation. Based in Birmingham, Alabama, the company currently operates more than 260 stores in 32 states and the District of Columbia. In addition to its primary retail component, the corporation includes a book wholesale and distribution subsidiary, American Wholesale Book Company, an e-commerce division operating as BOOKSAMILLION.COM, and an internet development and services company, NetCentral, in Nashville, Tennessee.
Open Position; Sales Associate, Cashier, Warehouse Worker, Manager in Training, Assistant Manager, Co-Manager, Store Manager, General Manager
Minimum Work Age; 18 years old
Books A Million Working Hours; Monday – Thursday: 9:00am-10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 9:00am-11:00pm, Sunday: 9:00am-9:00pm
Books A Million Job Opportunities
Books A Million continues to employ workers. Providing its employees with all possible opportunities and trying to satisfy its employees, Books A Million aims to strengthen its family through offering job opportunities and adding new members to its team. By examining the positions offered by the chain and the requirements of these positions, you can find the position which you think is most suitable to you and then you can apply online.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Bookseller is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all customers in a friendly and helpful manner. They should be knowledgeable about books and other merchandise in the store, proactively seek to assist customers and provide an outstanding shopping experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide customers with the highest level of customer service by greeting each customer, communicating and assisting customers with questions and orders, and efficient cashiering.
- Sales of all products, offer point of sale initiatives including Membership programs, Educator programs, and other company sponsored programs.
- Product delivery and placement on to the sales floor in accordance with merchandising guidelines and timelines.
- Recover the sales floor during each shift, including, but not limited to picking up items, shelving books and product, straightening bookshelves and tables, store housekeeping tasks as required.
- Protect company assets by adhering to all loss prevention standards and acting with integrity in all transactions.
- Other duties as assigned including, but not limited to assisting in other departments, receiving shipment, small fixture assembly and maintenance, assisting with inventory, and restroom cleanliness.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous retail sales experience preferred
- Computer skills and cash register skills
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 60 lbs. with or without assistance.]
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop or crouch while performing daily activities of the job.
Books A Million Job Application Form
Books A Million usually expects applicants to submit application forms online; however, if there is printable application form, you can find it below. If you cannot find the Books A Million application form, you can visit any store of Books A Million and submit your CV to human resources department or to a person who is responsible for this. It is essential to state which position you are applying for and which job you are specifically interested in.
Printable Application Form or PDF; No.
Apply Online Books A Million Jobs;
Visit official site.