Follett Job Application
Follett Application Online – Jobs & Careers
First and foremost, individuals who want to work at Follett are expected to decide in which position they want to work. After finding the position desired, requirements should be carefully examined. Like other companies, Follett needs employees in a number of positions and there are different requirements expected to be met for each position. The rest of the article will be explaining the requirements of these positions and how to apply for them.
Follett Corporation was founded in 1873 when Charles M. Barnes opened a used book store in his Wheaton, Illinois home. Three years later, Barnes moved his business, now named C.M. Barnes & Company, to Chicago where he opened a store at 23 LaSalle Street. Here, he sold new and used textbooks, stationery and school supplies.
Open Position; Customer Service Specialist, Sales Associate, Cashier, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager Trainee, Store Manager, Shipping and Receiving Supervisor, Accounts Payable Representative, Accountant, Business Systems Analyst, Classroom Specialist, Custom Cataloger, Home Office Intern – Finance, Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources Trainer, Merchandise Planner, Marketing Manager, Sales Administration Associate, Support Clerk
Minimum Work Age; 18 years old
Follett Working Hours; Varies by location
Follett Job Opportunities
Follett continues to employ workers. Providing its employees with all possible opportunities and trying to satisfy its employees, Follett aims to strengthen its family through offering job opportunities and adding new members to its team. By examining the positions offered by the chain and the requirements of these positions, you can find the position which you think is most suitable to you and then you can apply online.
Temporary Retail Team Member
This position greets customers, assists customers with store inquiries, answers the phone and/or directs callers, tabulates purchases using the register for transactions. Use safe money handling procedures and secure transaction practices.
Greet customers and render assistance as necessary responding to inquiries of products and merchandise.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Answers phone and responds to inquiries or direct calls for appropriate resolution.
- Operates cash register tabulating transactions, accepting payments, giving change, bagging purchases and processing employee or faculty discounts as appropriate. Starts up and shuts down register, trouble shoots, counts down register, perform cashier audits, etc. Balances the cash drawer including checks and the credit card receipts and student charge slips.
- Observes safe money handling procedures and secure transaction practices when accepting cash payment, making change, accepting checks and credit card payments, and processing refunds/buybacks. Includes cashier integrity to safeguard register and drawer deposits.
- Test EAS security system daily and approach customers who set off EAS system investigating alarms, resolving issue and logging EAS activations.
- Receive, sort and open, as necessary, mail. May also take outgoing mail to mailbox or Post Office.
- Carry and shelve merchandise inventory; may also pull and package merchandise for return to vendors.
- Straightens merchandise, stocks shelves, prices merchandise and may assist in setting up displays and signs.
- May be required to mop, vacuum, clean shelves and take out trash.
- Ensure inventory controls tags are removed and/or replaced on merchandise according to company standards as applicable.
- Pick, process and pack orders for shipping in accordance with Retail Store Operations
- Fill in for other employees during absences, for breaks and lunches, and during periods of high volume.
- May perform data entry or type simple correspondence including printing and system back-up.
- Take inventory as needed and may have responsibility for ordering general merchandise items (snacks, beverages, newspapers, magazines, etc.).
- May provide customer service/sales functions for special events (including but not limited to author signings, graduation and athletic events)
- 0 – 12 months of previous retail or clerical experience preferred.
- Strong customer service skills including effective communication.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload.
Follett Job Application Form
Follett usually expects applicants to submit application forms online; however, if there is printable application form, you can find it below. If you cannot find the Follett application form, you can visit any store of Follett and submit your CV to human resources department or to a person who is responsible for this. It is essential to state which position you are applying for and which job you are specifically interested in.
Printable Application Form or PDF; No.
Apply Online Follett Jobs;
Visit official site.