On The Border Mexican Grill Job Application
On The Border Mexican Grill Application Online – Jobs & Careers
First and foremost, individuals who want to work at On The Border Mexican Grill are expected to decide in which position they want to work. After finding the position desired, requirements should be carefully examined. Like other companies, On The Border Mexican Grill needs employees in a number of positions and there are different requirements expected to be met for each position. The rest of the article will be explaining the requirements of these positions and how to apply for them.
The first On The Border location opened on October 29, 1982 in Dallas Texas. On March 3, 2009, the chain lost its wholly owned subsidiary designation when it was merged into Brinker International as a company brand. In 2010, Brinker International sold On the Border to Golden Gate Capital. OTB Acquisition LLC, an affiliate of Golden Gate Capital, announced that it had completed its acquisition of On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina from Brinker International, Inc. (NYSE: EAT). On April 24, 2014, the chain was once again sold to another private equity firm by the name of Argonne Capital Group. The chain operates over 160 restaurants within the United States, two locations in Puerto Rico and nine locations in South Korea.
Available Positions; Restaurant Bartender, Restaurant Server, Restaurant Service Assistant, Restaurant Cook, To Go Specialist
On The Border Mexican Grill Job Opportunities
On The Border Mexican Grill continues to employ workers. Providing its employees with all possible opportunities and trying to satisfy its employees, On The Border Mexican Grill aims to strengthen its family through offering job opportunities and adding new members to its team. By examining the positions offered by the chain and the requirements of these positions, you can find the position which you think is most suitable to you and then you can apply online.
As a Bartender, you ensure consistent drink quality by preparing orders quickly and in accordance with recipes and guidelines. You will also maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work area in a fast paced environment, while providing “Every Guest is My Guest” service.
- Greet guests in a timely and professional manner
- Verify guests that purchase alcohol are at least 21 years of age
- Possess full knowledge of bar and menu items and be able to make recommendations
- Accurately take food and beverage orders from guests in a timely manner at the bar and cocktail area
- Deliver food and beverage orders within established time frames
- Consistently use suggestive selling techniques
- Ensure that alcohol is consumed in designated areas only
- Set up and maintain appropriate stock levels for the bar
- Assist in placing orders for all liquor and bar related supplies as need
- Conduct inventory of all liquor and bar related supplies when necessary
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Obtain any necessary alcohol service licensing requirements
- Minimum of 1 year of experience operating a full service bar
- Strong knowledge of alcohol mixology, drink menus and classic cocktail preparation
- Ability to stand on feet for an extended period of time
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Excellent customer service skills with strong ability to interact with guests
- Verbal communication skills, and accurate math and cash handling skills
Primary Purpose of the Position
Service Assistants are scheduled during peak business hours and provide key support to the Front of House (FOH) team. Service Assistants will be responsible for “Every Guest is My Guest” and will assist in every area in the Front of the House (FOH). Service Assistants provide essential guest service to both the external and internal guests. Service Assistants will participate in the Tip Sharing process.
- Deliver chips and salsa to tables that have just been seated
- Assist in cleaning tables and re-setting for the next guest.
- Maintain clean environment by emptying trash, keeping bathrooms clean and keeping service areas clean and neat.
- Re-fill non-alcoholic beverages
- Rotate and stock product as needed; includes salsa, chips, ice, and any other items required by the FOH team
- Complete assigned prep work to stock and set up stations.
- Adhere to all company policies and specifications
- Possess good knowledge of the menu in order to provide great Guest service and answer any questions
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. continuously; includes serving trays, hot plates, etc.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and clean on a regular basis
- Stands/walks 100% of the shift
- Ability to read and write handwritten notes
- Ability to verbalize and clearly respond to Guests.
- Ability to read and write English; effectively communicate with other employees and guests.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Cocineros are the “heart of the house”” and perfectly prepare guests’ meals, ensuring a great dining experience.
- Prepare high quality food to On The Border specifications
- Adhere to OTB safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Communicate cook times, potential issues with Managers and Team Members
- Detailed knowledge of the menu, including all seasonal/promotional items
- Complete assigned prep work, set-up and breakdown of the kitchen
- Ensure proper rotation of all products; stocks to requirements
- Clean and sanitize throughout the shift-“clean as you go”
- Able to effectively communicate with other Team Members and Managers
On The Border Mexican Grill Job Application Form
On The Border Mexican Grill usually expects applicants to submit application forms online; however, if there is printable application form, you can find it below. If you cannot find the On The Border Mexican Grill application form, you can visit any store of On The Border Mexican Grill and submit your CV to human resources department or to a person who is responsible for this. It is essential to state which position you are applying for and which job you are specifically interested in.
Apply Online On The Border Mexican Grill Jobs;