Swensen’s Job Application
Swensen’s Application Online – Jobs & Careers
First and foremost, individuals who want to work at Swensen’s are expected to decide in which position they want to work. After finding the position desired, requirements should be carefully examined. Like other companies, Swensen’s needs employees in a number of positions and there are different requirements expected to be met for each position. The rest of the article will be explaining the requirements of these positions and how to apply for them.
The company started of in 1948 by Earle Swensen, who learned to make ice cream while serving in the U.S. Navy during World War II. Swensen opened his first shop at the corner of Union and Hyde Streets, along the cable car tracks in Russian Hill in San Francisco at what had been a failed ice cream parlor. Although vanilla was his lifelong favorite, he developed more than 150 flavors, which he marketed under the motto “Good as Father Used to Make”. The original store sold ice cream and other frozen dessert specialties (such as sundaes and banana splits), with primarily take out service. Later other Swensen’s franchisees added indoor seating and offered various types of food, including sandwiches and hamburgers. In India, the company opened its first store in Bangalore at Mantri Mall, marking the first of 80 stores over the next 5 years scheduled to open all over South India. Swensen’s is also now open in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. In March 2014, Swensen’s opened its first restaurant in Yangon, Myanmar.
Swensen’s Job Opportunities
Swensen’s continues to employ workers. Providing its employees with all possible opportunities and trying to satisfy its employees, Swensen’s aims to strengthen its family through offering job opportunities and adding new members to its team. By examining the positions offered by the chain and the requirements of these positions, you can find the position which you think is most suitable to you and then you can apply online.
Ice Cream Maker
We’re hiring an Ice Cream Maker to join our team and to ensure the store is adequately stocked with ice cream, yogurt, sherbet and ice on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce ice cream, yogurt, sherbet, ice
- Maintain cleanliness of work area
- Possess working knowledge of ice cream making equipment
- Clean & sanitize ice cream making equipment
- Complete flavor sheet daily
- Scoop ice cream on an as-needed basis * High school diploma or equivalent required * Previous food/ice cream prep experience is an asset * Strong communication skills * Basic math skills * Attention to detail * Able to lift up to 50 lbs * Comfortable with food safety and sanitation procedures
Assemble, and present completed treat orders, including stocking, cleaning and maintaining all customer areas in a clean, safe, pleasant manner and to all restaurant safety and health code standards.
- Prepare treat products following restaurant, health and safety standards and procedures quickly and accurately.
- Be pleasant and alert to customer needs.
- Properly and safely operate and maintain restaurant equipment including related chill equipment while following all health and safety standards.
- Work as a “team” member to assure constant and consistent quality, service, cleanliness and value to each customer.
- Clean work area, organize and stock needed items. Move various treat, paper and cleaning items from other sections of building (or outside building) to immediate work area.
- Stocks and executes proper rotation of products.
- Completes assigned prep work for stocking and set up of chill area.
- Controls food production process.
- Breaks down and cleans chill area thoroughly at the end of every day as assigned by a manager or shift leader.
- Wash counters, tables, restrooms, trash receptacles, gather trash and remove from dining/service areas to proper receptacle, sweep, mop, stock and other cleaning tasks. Occasional need to be out of building (i.e., parking lot, freezer, trash container areas, etc.) for parking lot pick-up, trash removal and other maintenance and cleaning activities.
- Informs immediate supervisor promptly of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by management staff or shift leaders.
Ice Cream Scooper
Prepares and serves ice cream menu items to customers
Primary Responsibilities: Are not limited to, and may include all or some of the responsibilities listed below:
Knowledge and Skills
Essential Physical Requirements
Swensen’s Job Application Form
Swensen’s usually expects applicants to submit application forms online; however, if there is printable application form, you can find it below. If you cannot find the Swensen’s application form, you can visit any store of Swensen’s and submit your CV to human resources department or to a person who is responsible for this. It is essential to state which position you are applying for and which job you are specifically interested in.
Apply Online Swensen’s Jobs;